Can your house cook replace a countertop blender with an immersion blender? For most households, the answer is affirmative. This article will cover the 7 best cordless immersion blenders on the market today and will tell you our top pick.
Why an Immersion Blender?
Not only is an immersion blender easier to store than a bulky countertop blender, but it can also accomplish nearly the same tasks. That includes smoothies and drinks made with frozen fruit or ice, creamy pestos, and even whipped cream.
Cordless immersion blenders are also easier to clean than regular blenders. While many conventional blenders have to be washed by hand or take up considerable space in the dishwasher, the lightweight stick blender easily fits the top rack.
Immersion blenders can also handle both little and large-batch cooking. If you’ve ever tried to make a small amount of sauce or dressing in a large standing blender, you’ve probably experienced frustration when the blades don’t reach the contents.
List of the 7 Best Cordless Immersion Blenders
These are some of the highly-rated immersion blenders. It’s a great tool to have on hand to cook with year-round, and you can easily put it in a drawer or cabinet when not in use.
6 Ways to Use the Cordless Immersion Blender
An immersion blender is very versatile. Here are some of the best ways to make the most of this valuable kitchen gadget:
- Make smoothies
If you love making your morning smoothie, then the immersion blender is a much quieter option not to wake up your entire household. A high-powered hand blender is powerful enough to blend frozen fruit, vegetables, and even ice.
- Scramble eggs
Whether it’s a breakfast omelet, a soufflé, or a beautifully layered quiche, an immersion blender is all you need to beat eggs or egg whites totally smooth.
- Salad dressing
Whether you’re blending a vinaigrette or making a rich tahini-based sauce, ensure your dressing gets fully emulsified and stays that way with the help of a blender. For the best (and fastest) results, use a narrow blending cup (like the one that comes with our favorite blender).
- Sauces and Soups
Here’s where your stick blender helps you cut back on dishes and clean up. After cooking a vegetable soup, a rich pasta sauce, or melting down queso, you can stick the immersion blender directly into the cooking pot to puree. No need for transferring hot and splattery red sauce from the pot to your blender and back again. Plus, you can blend at any temperature. Standing blenders have the tendency to explode if the contents are too hot, which is certainly a situation best avoided.
- Whipped cream
The cordless immersion blenders are wonderful for making fluffy whipped cream. With this innovative blender, you can save time and energy and enjoy a cup of hot chocolate with freshly whipped cream in no time.
- Mix batter
An immersion blender whips up the smooth, lump-free batter in seconds so you can enjoy your morning pancakes or even crepe. You will have extra time to focus on toppings and fillings.
Things to Look for in an Immersion Blender
When it’s time to buy an immersion blender for your kitchen there are a few things to consider:
- Size: look for an immersion blender that is light and slim. Moreover, find the one that can be controlled by one hand to make easier to operate and control when blending.
- Style: Check their speed and buttons or dials for the speed control. Some may prefer buttons instead of dials. The power level of the immersion blender is imprtant so it can blend frozen fruites and ice to make smoothies without much effort.
- Price: Immersion blenders prices range is wide. However, price is not always the best indicator of quality. We believe that a mid-range option gives you the best quality for a reasonable price.
- Cleaning: A detachable blade is easier to clean to avoid dropping the electric immersion blender in the water while cleaning it.
The 7 Best Cordless Immersion Blenders
KitchenAid Cordless Variable Speed Hand Blender - KHBBV53
$84.99 in stock
- Blends 25 bowls of soup on a full charge*. With a quick charge of 20 minutes make a Triple Berry smoothie or Tomato Basil Soup.** *Based on 12 ounce bowls (354 ml), 7 batches, Tomato Basil Soup.
- Rechargeable Lithium Ion Battery Delivers optimal runtime and performance. Battery Indicator Light signals when it is time to charge the battery.
- Easy to charge With a convenient charger included, which works on all products across the suite. Quick Charge of 20 Minutes to make a Triple Berry smoothie or Tomato Basil Soup.
- Removable 8" Blending Arm with a 4-point Stainless Steel blade design efficiently blends ingredients for smoothies, milk shakes, soups, hummus and so much more. Protect your cookware with the included U.S. patent-pending removable pan guard.
- Variable speed trigger switch gives you greater flexibility and control over the recipe. The safety switch protects against accidental trigger movement.
Cuisinart CSB-400CD Cordless and Rechargeable SmartStick Hand Blender, One Size, Silver
- Cordless, rechargeable blender has 20 minutes of run time per charge; uses (2) 3.9 Volt lithium ion batteries (7.8 total volts) with quick charge feature
- 5 speed settings
- Long, slim 8 3/4˝ stainless steel shaft with large 3˝ commercial - design blade guard
- Includes: Chef’s whisk and 4-Cup measuring cup
- New Power Lock/Unlock feature; Power handle with stainless steel deco plate
All-Clad Cordless Rechargeable Stainless Steel Immersion Multi-Functional Hand Blender, 5-Speed, Silver
$180.21 in stock
- Features a motor with variable speed options for precise control
- Cordless for ultimate portability and mixing wherever you go
- Compatible with most container and large enough to get to those hard-to-reach spots
- Can be customized with additional accessories for completing other prep tasks
- Not recommended for use in nonstick or cast iron pots
Waring Commercial WSB38X2 Bolt Cordless 7" rechargable Immersion Blender, Includes 2 batteries, Charging Station, 7" Shaft and Storage Bag, 120V, 5-15 Phase Plug
- Variable speed from 5,000 to 13,000 RPM
- Two 10.8V lithium ion battery packs
- Battery charging/docking station with 1.5-hour quick-charging circuit
- LED indicator lights for speeds and power status
- cETLus, ETL Sanitation
KitchenAid Variable Speed Corded Hand Blender - KHBV53
$49.99 in stock
- Removable 8" Bbending Arm, with 4-point stainless steel blade that quickly blends ingredients for smoothies, milk shakes, soups, hummus and more
- Take control over your recipes with the easy-to-use variable speed trigger switch
- US Patented removable pan guard to help protect your cookware when blending
- 3-Cup BPA-free blending jar with lid is great for individual blending jobs, and also to serve from or store in for a later use
- Model KHBV53 includes (1) Corded Hand Blender, (1) Dishwasher-safe Blender Arm, (1) Blending Jar with Lid, (1) Pan Guard
Toogel 4-in-1 Cordless Hand Blender, USB Rechargeable Handheld Immersion Blenders, Multi-angle Adjustable, 21-Speeds, Stainless Steel Portable Stick Blender with 700ml Mixing Beaker, Food Chopper & Whisk
- 【Upgraded Cordless USB Charging】Built-in rechargeable battery eco-friendly, you can maneuver and move about freely without the hazard of tripping, anytime and anywhere; Simple disassembly and cleaning for easy storage
- 【Multi-angle Adjustable】Handheld blender made of light and strong materials like Al alloy and SUS304. The Triple angle Adjustment design allows the stick blender to be easily operated in containers of different shapes and volumes.
- 【21-Speed & Sharp blade】Variable speeds gives you maximum choice and precision for preparing chili, shakes, smoothies, baby food and more. Tapered mixing base reduces suction and splashing so you can mix and mash, whisk and chop in seconds
- 【Over Current Protection】Over-current protection can protect the power system and extend the life of the immersion blender; 10-second power-off protection can prevent children and the elderly from being injured by accidentally touching the blade in the usage process
- 【Practical Accessories】4-in-1 hand blender for versatile capabilities. Includes blender, chopper, 700 ml (24 fl. oz) beaker, beater and egg whisk. The chopper works as your mini food processor and has a perfect lid to eliminate mess and tearing eyes when chopping white or red onions!
Chefman Immersion Blender 300-Watt Turbo 12 Speed Stick Hand Blender, Powerful Ice Crushing Design Purees Smoothies, Sauces & Soups, Detachable Heat Resistant Plastic Blade Guard Protects Pots, Black
$29.38 in stock
8 used from $17.39
- MULTI-SPEED WITH PRECISE CONTROL: Ergonomic soft silk-touch rubberized handle with 12 speed options offer precise control over blending needs and makes any blending task easy to handle. Turbo button gives an extra boost to the blending process!
- HIGH POWER FOR BETTER BLENDING: The Chefman immersion blender has a high powered 300 Watt motor that handles more blending tasks quietly & with ease. This food blender will liquefy fruit, leafy greens, mix baby formulas and more! Blade detaches with just a twist and is dishwasher safe, making cleanup as easy as 1-2-3. Sleek black exterior is easy to wipe down to clean up any splattered food.
- PROTECT YOUR POT FROM SCRATCHING: Heat resistant plastic blade guard is gentle on pots so you can worry less about scratching it and focus on creating deliciously blended dishes!
- ICE-CRUSHING CROSS BLADE: Specially designed cross blades make perfect pureed dishes such as smoothies, sauces, soups, and dips. When blending frozen ice or chunks of frozen fruit or veggies, make sure they are immersed in liquid for desired results. The ultimate tool for a variety of blending options, this stick blender can reach into mixing bowls, large cooking pots, and pitchers. Make sure not to immerse the cord in water.
- RJ19-MS-PBG ASSURANCES: CETL approved with advanced safety technology for long lasting durability, & 1-year assurance provided by Chefman, so you can purchase worry-free - we've got your back! For information on how to use your product, scroll down for a PDF User Guide. Power Source: 120 Volts
Our Final Take on the 7 Best Cordless Immersion Blenders
Many of you know by now that an immersion blender is one of the most useful and versatile kitchen tools. However, when it has a cord that gets tangled during cooking, then it can be frustrating. The best cordless immersion blenders have lithium-ion batteries, multiple speed settings, and stainless steel attachments.
So, if you buy one thing off this list, the Vitamix Immersion Blender should be it. It has all the power to make a pan sauce stovetop or blend a vinaigrette tableside.